Monday, April 12, 2010

Arce Dairy - Uhmmmm... I'm having second thoughts

I used to love Arce Dairy as a kid.  I remember that it was Arce Dairy's Atis Flavor that got me addicted to both ice cream and atis (sugar apple).  So it was pure joy to have found that familiar old tin can in one of the refs of Rustan's Cebu.  Nope, they don't have it anymore, but Arce is still available at SM Savemore in Park Mall.

I remember Arce's Atis as one with real fruit bits, sometimes, you get to bite on an atis seed.  But apparently, they're not doing that anymore. Either that or I am mixing up some other ice cream in a gold-colored tin (which Selecta copied... actually Arce owned Selecta before they sold it to RFM) with the fruit bits.

Arce Dairy is no longer the yummy, creamy ice cream that I remember it to be.  It isn't cheaper than Magnolia either.  I think what's available now is just a ghost of its former self.  So if you see Arce Dairy and try to relive your childhood by digging into a pint or a gallon, look for the thrill else where.

Now if only Presto ressurrects its ice cream gallons :).

This post was written by A.

1 comment:

  1. Correction, we bought the Arce Ice Cream at Ayala Supermarket, bie. I don't think Savemore has it.

    ReplyDelete